What To Do
- Greenbike bike tour – Definitely recommend this to anyone. You don’t need to be in great shape for this because the biking is 90% downhill and they give you the option to go the harder or easier route for the last 10%. You start the tour with breakfast that overlooks a beautiful volcano, then visit a local coffee plantation. Sampling the different coffee flavors was fun (I liked the vanilla and coconut). The view is also gorgeous! You end the tour with lunch in these cute little huts overlooking rice fields. Also, take advantage of their shuttle service. We had them drop us off in the city center after, so we could head to the monkey forest!
- River rafting – Gorgeous scenery! It looks like you’re floating through a jungle and you may even spot some unique wildlife if you’re lucky! Fun, but not as challenging as we expected. I heard from others that the river rafting was actually pretty scary in Ubud, so maybe it depends on the time of year and the weather. We went in the summer and the water was extremely low.
- Monkey Forest – We got lucky and a guide basically took us under his wing (for the price of a large pack of bananas). We were pretty afraid of the monkeys because of how aggressive they were, so it was nice to have someone help us who knew what they were doing. As you can see from these blurry GoPro pics, the monkeys and I really bonded….
- Surfing – Take a surfing lesson if you go to Kuta Beach. Just walk down the beach and people will ask you if you want a surfing lesson. Make sure to bargain for a good price! Also, they should offer you a rash guard to wear and absolutely wear it! Believe me when I say you will regret it if you don’t. If you happen to take your surf lesson in the afternoon, hang around the beach for a gorgeous sunset!
- Yoga Barn – I was SO bummed that we didn’t get to do this. I had so many recommendations to go there, so of course we went and tried to make a reservation two hours before the class. It was first come first serve, so the receptionist told us to come back twenty minutes before the class started and said we would definitely get a spot. Well, we showed up twenty minutes before and the same receptionist told us there were no more spots. Yes, I still recommend going because everyone I talked to loved their experience, but go there EARLY!!!!