This could be an incredibly long post because I’ve been going to San Diego multiple times a year since I was little, plus my brother lives there so I’ve got the inside scoop on local eats! I’ll do my best to sum up my absolute favorites.
- Rubicon Deli – Their spicy tuna sandwich is to die for, but I also just recently tried something new there (FINALLY) and got the Rubicon Special and I highly recommend that as well. Their sandwiches aren’t the only delicious food they offer, their cookies are delicious and their soups are great.
- 976 Café – Get the good morning bagel! It’s an open-faced bagel with pesto, tomato, and mozzarella cheese and obviously add cream cheese and make it a “deluxe” bagel because yum….also they have a wide variety of coffee drinks which are pretty good too!
- Baked Bear – Cookies + ice cream = best sandwich combo ever. Get whatever your heart desires here and your tummy will thank you.
- La Playa Taco Shop – If you don’t already know by now…I LOVE BACON. I’m weird though because if it’s not fully crispy I’m practically repulsed. Anyways, I got the breakfast burrito with bacon and forgot to order the bacon crispy (never happens) and my burrito was the best breakfast burrito I’ve ever consumed with perfectly crispy bacon! Also, their salsa is the perfect addition to burritos.
- World Famous – If you like bacon, benedicts, and a good blood mary, this is the place to go. They also have a great happy hour here with a huge menu to choose from! Not to mention it’s literally right on the beach….
- Hoboken – The go-to pizza place in Pacific Beach.
- Bottega Americano – Delicious gourmet pizza and salads and they have some pretty interesting cocktails. Their cucumber & watermelon drink is amazing! (This is where the picture for this post came from)
- Searsucker – Awesome place for dinner and drinks.
- Roy’s – It’s location right on the harbor makes it a gorgeous dinner spot. Make a reservation so you can get a table outside because the view is amazing. I’m not a fan of potstickers, but their lobster potstickers are so good! Also, their appetizer of the wood-smoked szechuan BBQ spare ribs are enough for a meal and if you’re not going to get them then you might as well not even go. JK…kinda, but seriously they’re my favorite!
- RAMA Restaurant – After going to Thailand, I can honestly say that RAMA offers some pretty good Thai food. Their yellow curry was definitely up to par.
- Snooze Eatery – This is located just outside of Downtown SD in Hillcrest, but worth the drive. If you’re a big fan of brunching (like me) then you don’t want to miss it. I don’t even like breakfast sausage, but I got their breakfast pot pie and have been dreaming of it ever since. They also have a good bloody mary assortment!
- Little Italy – This is actually a small part of downtown SD that you should definitely go to for dinner. Honestly, every restaurant looks pretty good when I walk by (and stare down everyone’s plates), but I’m loyal to Buon Appetito. I’ve been going there for years and I am way too obsessed with everything I’ve ever tried there. First of all, start with the “Mellanzane All’ Almafitana”. It’s basically eggplant parmesan….my dad and I devoured this in about 3 seconds. Their spinach and ricotta ravioli is hands down one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever eaten. That’s saying a lot, considering pasta is one of my favorite foods. Also, their gnocchi tastes like you’re dreaming on the fluffiest pasta pillows ever, so you won’t be mad if you order some gnocchi.
- Roppongi – This is an Asian fusion restaurant that’s been around forever, right in the heart of La Jolla. Craving sushi? This is your place!
- Cody’s – If you’re looking for an impressive Instagram picture to go along with a delectable brunch, Cody’s will not let you down. Their drinks are as good as they look, too!
- Herringbone – Killer happy hour and a super trendy place!
- Brigantine Seafood Restaurant – This is the spot that everyone goes to before the races. It is completely packed hip to hip! Great brunch and an impressive drink menu.
- Jake’s – Located right on the beach, this makes for a romantic dinner spot. Definitely go with the surf and turf here!
- L’Auberge – This is actually one of my favorite places to stay in all of San Diego, plus they’re dog friendly! This place has the most gorgeous views of the beach and the sunset views are picturesque. You could really go here for any meal of the day or even drinks and appetizers. I’ve had it all and I can’t decide what my favorite is. They have some great cocktails and appetizers and even a variety of games, which makes for a fun happy hour! Also, they have live music in the evening and they are always so incredibly talented! Their Greek salad for lunch was pretty amazing too, and I don’t normally rave about salads. If you eat on the patio, you’ll be looking out onto the ocean!