You will never buy frosting again after making this. It is SO easy to make and tastes amazing! So delicious and beyond simple to make. I did my best to keep this recipe on the healthier side….healthier than other homemade frosting recipes that is!
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (quality matters!)
- *Optional* food coloring (I used a few drops of red to turn mine pink)
- Using a kitchen aid mixer (or bowl with electric mixer w/ whisk attachment), beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Next, add a pinch of salt and gradually add in 1 cup of powdered sugar, continue to beat after each addition.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of milk and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add in the 2nd cup of the powdered sugar, gradually.
- Finish by adding in 1 tablespoon of milk (if needed), based on desired thickness. Also, if you are adding food coloring, now is the time to add it in. Don’t forget, a little goes a long way!
- When completely mixed, put in the fridge to set for about 20 minutes before beginning to frost. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply