Amsterdam is now one of my favorite little cities in the entire world. I went there in November of 2015 and fell in love. The people are incredible friendly and welcoming and the beauty that this city possesses is incredible. I look forward to eventually going back to Amsterdam in the spring to see the gorgeous colors of all the tulips!
- Heineken Experience – Great tour with lots of hands on activities. I definitely suggest going here for some interesting and inspiring history, but also a really fun time!
- Van Gogh Museum – If you’re into art, especially Van Gogh, this is definitely the place for you.
- Anne Frank House – Go around 12-2 on a weekday for a shorter wait in line. We grabbed lunch just down the street at the famous Pancake Bakery before. DO NOT MISS THIS. One of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen and my favorite experience in Amsterdam. If you can plan far ahead of time, you can buy your tickets online, but you’ll need to do so months in advance. Touristy? Absolutely. Unforgettable experience? Absolutely.
- The Amsterdam Cheese Museum – Imagine a place where you literally just sample an endless assortment of cheeses. Well, this place actually exists and it’s called The Amsterdam Cheese Museum and it’s heavenly. It’s located right down the street from the Anne Frank House, on the opposite side of the street, next to the Tulip Museum.
- The Windmill Brewery – There are two breweries under the famous windmill in Amsterdam and the one on the right (if you are facing the front of the windmill) has awesome beer flights and even better snacks. Grab a picnic bench outside, and flight of beer, and a cheese appetizer! You won’t regret it.
Amsterdam is a super small city, but there is so much to do. I suggest just walking around the city and through the canals and see where the day takes you. It’s very simple to get around and directions are easy to understand and see on a map. There are a ton of cute, little shops that you won’t find anywhere else, so take a look and enjoy!
Leave a Reply